SCNA 23679 Calabasas Road, Suite 940 Calabasas, CA 91302 (818) 225-2273
WHAT DO SCNA MEMBERS BELIEVE?Established in 2001, SCNA is the largest naturist travel club in Southern California. We seek to promote and encourage clothing-optional recreation, education and personal growth throughout Southern California. In 2003 SCNA became a Non-Profit 501(c)(7) Mutual Benefit California Corporation. We are governed by a seven-person Board of Directors, elected annually by participating members.
In a country where certain interest groups more and more wish to impose their versions of liberty and morality on everyone else, we feel it important to support the right of freedom for individuals and groups to their own beliefs and values. It is our desire to practice social nudity as it has been established in this country for over 75 years: in specific areas and social circumstances when it does not interfere with the rights of others.Back to Top of Page
A 2006 Roper poll conducted nationally showed that over 55 million Americans had "skinny-dipped" and that of those polled 74% believe people who enjoy nude sunbathing should be able to do so without interference from local officials, as long as they do so at a beach that is accepted for that purpose.
Demographics show nudism attracts a wide cross section of society, with people representing all colors, religions, occupations, body types, age groups, and income brackets. Our members reside in communities from Santa Maria to San Diego, although most live in the Los Angeles basin. This list includes singles, couples, families, and students. We practice inclusion, not exclusion. We include men and women of all ages and all shapes and sizes who are age 18+, single or with families.
We also have a strong set of behavior guidelines and a screening process so that our members may enjoy a private, safe and protected environment. Members are held accountable for the actions of their guests. We are also completely clothing optional. This makes us different from many of the older landed resorts, which often require nudity.
Back to Top of Page
SCNA is a participating club in both national naturist organizations, the American Society for Nude Recreation (AANR) and The Naturist Society. AANR focuses on naturist issues at established landed resorts while The Naturist Society focuses on creating and preserving nudist beaches and other public access locations. As affiliates, we offer our members a discounted rate to join these organizations below that normally charged nationally to join individually.
We feel it is very important to have our members support these national organizations as they provide support for us as a group and as individuals in times of need. But we also believe each member should make that decision for themselves, as there is an extra cost above our member dues to belong. For this reason, SCNA does not require you to join AANR or TNS but we do strongly encourage it.
Join AANR thru SCNA and save $$$ off the national rate (mail-in form)
Join Naturist Society thru SCNA and save $$$ off the national rate (mail-in form.)
OUR LOCAL EVENTS AND ACTIVITIES - WHO MAY ATTEND?
SCNA participating members may attend our club-sponsored activities for a reduced fee, enough to cover our expenses. Guests of members (and ANNR and TNS members) pay a higher admittance fee (about $10 more than members) to attend our events.
SCNA'S MONTHLY MEET-UP DINNER & DISCUSSION GROUP
Back to Top of Page
This meeting is for First-Timers and Newcomers (and Members too!)
Each month, SCNA hosts a monthly dinner and discussion group at different pizza parlors or restaurants around the greater Los Angeles area. This is a way to introduce new people to naturism and to dispel mistaken impressions that non-nudists may have about us.
Anyone with a sincere interest in discussing naturist issues is welcome. Dinners will be "dutch". Bring yourselves, some money for food, and your thoughts and enthusiasm. Also bring your curious friends and spouses!
CLICK HERE for more information and directions.
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
SCNA Newsletter - Receive our monthly journal filled with interesting articles and activity information. This publication has won Best Newsletter for the past two years among all other nudist clubs in America.
- Discount Fee at SCNA Events -Your membership card gets you into most club activities for the discounted member rate, usually about $10/person lower than charged to non-member guests. If you just attend two events per year, it is cheaper to have a membership!
- Gain Access to Local Resorts - SCNA has arranged with several of the local resorts to allow you to get in at their discount (member's) gate fee. Always call ahead before you go to confirm the SCNA card is on their "approved" list.
- The Member's Only Corner - Paid members are given access to a special part of this Web Site where we provide a monthly newsletter, distribute corporate business, and share personal photos taken at events (the password changes each month.)
- The "Intangible" Benefits - Create friendships that will last a lifetime! Visit interesting beaches, resorts, islands, campsites, and other places you would otherwise probably never visit on your own. Become part of a naturist organization where you can make a difference!
- The "Joint Membership Option" Benefits - (see below)Back to Top of Page
JOIN DPNR THRU SCNA
Deer Park Naturist Resort in Devore (southwest of San Bernardino) offers a full park membership to SCNA members for $50/yr with no gate fees! Come as often as you like during the year. You must also belong to AANR, TNS, or INF to qualify, but you can do that through SCNA (see National Affiliations above.) Save hundreds of dollars every year by not having to join separately!
JOIN GLEN EDEN THRU SCNA
Glen Eden Sun Club in Corona offers a full park membership to SCNA members for only $57/yr plus a $12.50/per visit gate fee You must also belong to AANR to qualify. Call SCNA at (818) 225-2273 to take advantage of this great money-saving offer!
HOW DO I JOIN?
1. Memberships are open to all regardless of race, religion, sexual preference or gender. Applicants must be age 18 or over, but they can be single or "partnered/couples" (same-sex partners or straight), or who have children (under age 18.) We do not discriminate against body jewelry or most tattoos.
2. Guidelines. Let's face it, nobody likes "rules", but without them some people will violate the personal "space" of others. While most courtesies are common sense, some people just need them spelled out. So while a few members may practice a wide variety of lifestyles in the privacy of their own homes, all members and guests sign an agreement to abide by these Behavior Guidelines at our sponsored events and activities. Members are held accountable for the actions of their guests. Click Here to print and sign the required form.
Applicants are subject to a pre-approval background check (we screen under Megan's Law and for other major felonies, and we also network with other clubs and nudist resorts for names of people who are on their "do not admit" lists.) We also require a copy of an approved government-issued photo identification (i.e. "driver's license" or equivalent.) Prospective new members also are given a personal interview before being granted "Introductory Status", which lasts six months, after which your membership is reviewed and a regular "Participatory Membership" card may be issued.
Yes, it's a little time-consuming and meticulous, but single women, children, and others who attend our functions can feel safe from people who otherwise might have their own agendas for being there!
HOW DO I RENEW?Current Membership Fee Schedule
All checks are payable to SCNA; we also accept VISA and MasterCard, and you can pay via PayPal.
The current membership dues are:
$90 annually for singles
$115 annually for two-person couples/partners with a single mailing address.
There is an additional $30 processing fee for first-time applicants, used to pay for the screening and interview process.
Current SCNA Members may renew your memberships on line!
Want to Help But Don't Want to Join?
...to Become a "Friend of SCNA"
Your contribution of $25 or more helps us to carry out our educational mission throughout Southern California. You also receive an annual subscription to the monthly SCNA Newsletter, which will keep you informed about our efforts.
YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE A NUDIST YOURSELF TO BECOME A "FRIEND!"
All you have to do is believe that nudists have the right to their
own "space" - be it a secluded beach, backyard or forest trail - without government interference in their chosen beliefs, just as we support your right to your own beliefs and values, even if they differ from ours.
Throughout Southern California!